Sunday 28 March 2010

Stupidity and Captaincy

Okay. This one isn't actually from a train, and I am writing it a few days after the original paper copy was written.....but here goes me.

Im sat in a dingy social club on the estate where I live (not an estate like in Shameless, its alot more demure than that) and the social club is everything I hate. It looks like its not been decorated in about a hundred years, and it smells of damp. Anyway this has nothing to do with my blog. I'm here because my fiancees darts team have a match tonight, thier last match of the season. After the team played a few legs (a round of darts, so 701, 501 or 301) something came to my attention. A vital skill that darts players need is being able to count and add up. For example if you are left with 57 how can I score that. And there are plenty of darts players who can't do this. Even when its adding up thier three dart score they can't do it, and don't even talk to me about when they get doubles and triples. Now I don't understand this. There are several people in my darts teams who have played for years and years for county and so on..... so how is it they still can't add up. I doesn't add up lol.

So there is stupidity for you........

And captaincy...........

Our team captain has been away for a while, so as with anything the vice captain has of course stepped in to take over. Now the vice captain is a great bloke, and he's been giving me the job of sorting all the book and sheet out, because we have to record the score formally for the league website, and the book for our personal records. I have also been picking the placement thingys and so on. But the v.c has been telling me what to do every step of the way (i actually wrote day but then got embarrassed haha. stupid mistake huh?). So on Wednesday evening we were chatting, about how next season I would still like to be secretary, cause it really gives me something to do, and I enjoy it. The v.c just sat there and went "Well, do you want captaincy". I was so shocked and I said yes. So indeed. You are reading the blog of the Captain of The Swan Male Dart's team.(Yes the MALE team). I am really excited about this and I cant wait to get stuck it.

Now I am going to snuggle down in bed and read for a bit, and then post again in a few hours about whats been bothering me today

Bye xx

1 comment: