Monday 22 March 2010

Reservations and URLLLL

Oooookay. So. Here's blog number 2. (In real life that would have had a drum roll). Its 9:54 and someone was in my seat. This I could have done without at this time of the day. Not only was it a seat, it was a table seat.
Anyway, I say to the miscreant in my seat (oh and believe me he was a miscreant, but more about him later) "I'm sorry but you're in my seat" and this guy, just went "oh". He did get up but he also looked really really fed up about. WEEEELLLL I am sorry but its my bloody seat!

CHECK THE DISPLAY YOU MORON!

He was a miscreant too. He hugged his bag and had lots of piercings. He looked angry at 10:00 in the morning. BACK AWAY!

I'm pretty fed up today... ohhh announcements. Hahahaa the train manager has a proper west country accent. However I digress. I want a copy of the Metro. It's like a free informative drug. If there isn't one on the train I get edgy. I need my daily dose of the world. I've had a look around and there are none knocking about.

Seat reservation was the topic in hand though. I want to know why it is completely flawed. I'll help by listing some of the problems.
  • you don't get the seat you specified (e.g. Facing, table specification, power socket, window seat or aisle)
  • the display never works
  • the seats get double booked
  • someone else is sat in your seat and refusing to budge

I have experienced all of these accept the last one. Someone is sat in my seat.

"Hi, that's my seat"

"Um, no it's not! The display says nothing"

**shows ticket**"Yeeeesssss it is"

"Fine I'll move, but I don't believe you"

:o IT SAYS ON THE TICKET YOU DUMBASS!!!!!!

Yes this has really happened to me and one of my best friend. In all honesty my friend had the guys seat booked, but we didn't have the one next to it. We took it anyway.

I think miscreat just had a case fall on his head. I want to laugh but I honestly don't think it would be a wise move. He still looks angry.

So yeah. Seat res. It's double booked, or you book 2 tickets at the same time thinking common sense puts you together, except your not together. I was going down to Cardiff and there was no way I was sitting next to some randomer all the way down. Anyway it was a nice lady that had the other seat so she swapped with me. I personally have never had someone that refused to swap, or give me my seat but I have watched the consequences unfold. Some army lads had used this little old couples seat to store thier bags, and refused to give the seat back. The train manager became involved to no avail. Needless to say the couple had to find other seat.......

Verdict: Seat Reservations

FAIL

Catch you on the High Speed

:)

2 comments:

  1. Thank god I rarely use the train...

    then again busses are possibly far worse... you dont even get to reserve a seat in the 1st place! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darkweaver!

    It's true. I travel on buses and they can suck. But I do relax on the train too....

    Despite my whining.

    More coming tomoz!
    x

    ReplyDelete