Wednesday 31 March 2010

Run Around A Roundabout For a Pound???

Okay, so today is a horrible wet rainy day, but one of my friends came to visit from a neighbouring city. The plan was to just hide in the pub all day. We started playing on the games machine and ran out of cash so we remembered that I had bought a scratchy and won a fiver on it. So off we went to go and get the money for that. A couple of my friends were in the pub anyway so they looked after the stuff. The shops is only around the corner anyway.

So we were walking along, and the pub and shop are around the corner from each other, with a huge round about in the middle. And then it happened

I dropped the scratch card.

As I have already said it was a windy day, so i'm screaming, crouched over running to get this bloody scratch card.

It went into the road.....

This is possibly the busiest roundabout where I live, and the scratch card travelled into the middle of this bloody roundabout. Now we are laughing our head off as we run around trying to decide how to get our scratch card back. So we realised it was going towards the North Side of the roundabout (we were on the south side). We ran over the zebra crossings and made it into the central reservation on that road. It was about a metre on to the roundabout. It was a part of the road that cars didn't go over. I wasn't brave enough to go that far.

My friend was. Yeah he saved the day by getting this scratchcard that we so desperately wanted......

It was for £1

2 comments:

  1. Ha.
    I actually laughed at that.
    Damn, must refrain from making a sarcastic comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasnt actually finish (sorry)

    So why don't you read it again!

    x

    ReplyDelete